Are you a driven and talented individual looking for the place to do your best work while developing into an impactful leader? Look no further than the Acuity Brands Leadership Program!
The Acuity Brands Marketing Leadership Program is a two-year rotational experience designed to develop high-potential candidates into marketing leaders through hands-on experiences that synergize participants’ strengths with the needs of the business. Each Marketing Leadership Program Specialist spends their first 18-24 months of employment rotating every 6 months within the marketing department to ensure that graduates of the program are prepared to succeed in all aspects of their field. The purposeful design of each rotation is to provide participants with opportunities to develop their business acumen, leadership skills, and proficiency in specialized skillsets within marketing. Upon graduation from the Leadership Program, participants will have a clear understanding of how they fit into the larger company strategy and will have developed the necessary skillsets to become a future leader at Acuity Brands.
The Leadership Program has start dates in July of 2024.
Along with the valuable knowledge gained within the rotations, recent graduates will participate in activities to enhance business acumen and personal growth. Some of these activities include:
- Specialized onboarding for all participants to ensure integration to the organization and program
- A one-on-one mentorship from a marketing leader to serve as a mentor for the duration of the program and beyond
- Social and networking events to help forge connections with both peers and leaders across the business
- Frequent opportunities to come together with program peers to learn about various business processes and initiatives
- Leadership report-out meetings to share your rotational learnings as well as performance reviews aimed at identifying strengths and areas for growth
Key Tasks & Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
While specific projects are determined by business needs the need of the business, each Leadership Program has a set of “functional requirements” to ensure that all participants have similar learning objectives. All Marketing Leadership Program Specialists will rotate into two of the following:
- Product Marketing
- Channel Marketing
- Customer Marketing
- Creative Operations
Additionally, with the remaining rotations, we will connect with the interests of the individual with our current business needs to explore such areas as:
- Training & Education
- Industry Marketing
- Tradeshows & Events
- Pricing Operations
- Sharing Responsibility
- End-User Focus
- Decision Making
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strategic Influence
- Energizing the Organization
- Driving Execution
With time being the only constrained resource, we strive to create the place where you can work with your manager to get the flexibility you need to balance your commitments – personal, work, customer, health, family, and everything else. Our focus is on the results you deliver– not formal, rigid work schedules.
So, we offer:
- Flexible workdays – Some work needs to happen between certain times, and some work doesn’t.
- Flexible Time Off – Take the amount of time you need. We are focused on results.
- Paid Parental Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave – Parents can take up to 4 weeks (or 160 hours) of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child. The birthing parent receives up to 13 weeks of leave at 100% of your regular salary.
- Home Office Allowances – Monthly stipends to help cover the things that make it easier to work remotely.
- Wellness programs – Our holistic benefits plans include healthcare, financial heath, mental health, legal plans, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- Opportunities to connect and grow – Join one of our employee resources groups to support your professional aspirations and get linked with a community that shares your interests.
Education (minimum education required)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
Preferred Education (i.e. type of degree)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Marketing or Business Operations
Experience (minimum experience required)
- 0 to 2 years of applicable work experience
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Experience (i.e. industry experience)
The best candidates are:
- Proven innovative problem-solvers
- Agents for change
- Experienced leaders of people and processes
- Excellent with time management
- Comfortable with taking initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communicators
- Champions of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Sedentary Work